Who We Are
Advocate Capital, Inc., is a commercial finance company that was founded in 1999. Our main focus is providing an alternative to the “interest free” loans that most trial lawyers make to their firms for case expenses. We do this through a unique combination of commercial lines-of-credit and specialized accounting services.
Our clients are the best and the brightest of trial law firms from all over the United States. Our typical client-firm is a well established, experienced trial law firm whose partners are high-net-worth attorneys at the “top of their game”. Many are leaders of state and national trial lawyer associations, and quite a few are authors and expert speakers in the profession.
Advocate Capital, Inc., has enjoyed consistent, rapid, profitable growth during its history and now has clients in over 35 states. We look forward to adding you to our family of satisfied clients!
Meet a few members of our management team:
- Dan A. Taussig, Chairman
- Michael J. Swanson, President & Chief Executive Officer
- Paul B. Myers, Chief Credit Officer
- Donna A. Jones, Senior Vice President
- Lisa Wagner, Senior Vice President, Client Services
- Kelly A. O’Leary, Vice President, Finance and Administration
- Tina R. Burns, Vice President
What We Do
What It Costs
- Our rates typically float with either the Prime Lending Rate (as published in the Wall Street Journal) or LIBOR (London Interbank Offered Rate). Although we don’t publish our pricing online, you can click here to request a detailed proposal for your firm including exact costs.
IMPORTANT: In addition to rates being very reasonable, our Case Expense Funding product enables your firm to get reimbursed from your cases for 100% of the cost of our services on the cases you win. So the net cost to your firm is close to zero.
What We Don’t Do
- We don’t get involved analyzing your cases.
- We don’t have any contact whatsoever with your clients.
- We don’t do business with firms that have financial difficulties.
- We don’t do plaintiff funding, or structured settlements.