This interactive calculator estimates the real costs of:
- 1) Continuing to self-fund your firm’s case funds with your own post-tax cash.
- 2) Funding your firm’s case funds with a line of credit from a lender without passing the borrowing costs through to your cases.
- 3) Funding your firm’s case funds with Advocate Capital, Inc. (ACI) and passing the borrowing costs through to your cases.
These are only estimates, and actual experiences may differ.
You can change any or all of the variables and then click “Recalculate” to see the impact.
1) The law firm is operating at a profit. 2) All lines of credit are fully utilized.
3) Investment earnings are reinvested. 4) Net interest costs are paid out of the starting principal. 5) Annual inflation is 3%. 6) Income tax rate is 36%.