Bloomberg.com recently reported the current economy shows the strongest demand for U.S. workers since 2001. It is taking longer for employers to fill vacant positions with high quality candidates. Due to the large number of open positions, some employers are experiencing a higher rate of turnover as existing employees pursue other opportunities.
What is your firm doing to retain your best talent? In addition to paying a competitive wage, here are a few suggestions made by Human Resources Expert, Susan M. Heathfield:
- Clearly communicate expectations.
- Use your employees’ talents and skills.
- Treat employees fairly and equally.
- Invest in your employees through training.
- Provide employees with the tools needed to complete their jobs.
- Express appreciation through rewards and recognition.
Kelly A. O’Leary, CPA, CGMA, MBA, CITP, CIA, CFE
Vice President, Finance and Administration