There are many reasons to join a book club. Here are five that the team at Advocate Capital have taken to heart.
- You meet interesting people. By socializing with team members, you learn more about them on a personal level, and this brings everyone closer.
- You read things you would not otherwise read. For the AdvoReaders Book Club, selections are placed in a box by members and drawn at random. The book selection each month is always something unique.
- Some books need to be discussed. That moment in a book that creates an audible gasp or laugh out loud should be shared. What better way to share that than with your co-workers, especially when they have read the same book.
- You eat great food. The AdvoReaders have changed things up and started enjoying themed meetings. We meet during lunch and share great pot-luck style food. Our last book “Big Little Lies” by Liane Moriarty had a kindergarten class as the general setting for the characters. Our theme was kindergarten food. We snacked on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, juice boxes, mac and cheese, and a dirt cake.
- Sometimes it is fun just to chat. It is nice to have a reason to socialize with co-workers outside of the normal workday. The book club brings a little fun to the office during lunch hour once a month.
Whether you are an avid reader or want to try something new, a book club can be a great use of your time. We at Advocate Capital love our book club and look forward to reading more exciting books in the coming year.
Executive Client Manager