We hope you’ve had a little extra time to prepare home-cooked meals lately, so once a month we’re sharing one of our teams’ family recipes and employee favorites with you.
Happy Taco Tuesday! Want to make your own guacamole for taco night? For September, we’d like to share Nikole’s guacamole recipe with you.
“Did you know that avocados not only taste great but have many health benefits? Avocados contain monosaturated fatty acids, potassium, and are loaded with fiber.”
- Nikole Kaihani, Quality Assurance Supervisor
From our kitchen to yours:
- 3-4 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 small tomato
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 lemon or lime
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Remove the flesh of the avocado from the skin and pit.
- Add avocados to a mixing bowl, and mash with a fork.
- Cut onion into small pieces, and add to avocado mash.
- Finely chop a handful of cilantro, and add to mixture.
- Chop 1/2 jalapeno, and add to mixture.
- Dice tomato, and add to mixture.
- Squeeze the juice of half the lemon or lime into mixture.
- Add salt and pepper (season to taste).
- Mix all ingredients to desired texture, and serve immediately with tortilla chips or pita wedges.
Photo Credit: tonobalaguer, 123rf.com