Advocate Capital, Inc. is growing! In our efforts to continue our high level of customer service, we are currently recruiting for a new Accounting Specialist to add to our Accounting Team.
The successful Accounting Specialist will be a critical part of the accounting department, carefully and efficiently handling the compilation of electronic online payments as well as ensuring the proper integration of the AdvoTrac (proprietary software that tracks case expenses for trial lawyers’ clients) and Intacct (accounting software) systems.
The starting wage rate for this position is $13.17 to $16.16 depending upon experience.
- Efficiently integrate loan advances and payments from AdvoTrac to Intacct several times a day. Investigate and problem-solve any errors that occur during integration and run reports to make sure both AdvoTrac and Intacct are in balance.
- Confirm each payment and loan advance posted correctly into Intacct from AdvoTrac once the integration process has completed. This includes swaps, short pays and overpayments. Enter any manual payment or loan advances that are not a part of the integration process.
- Verify monthly finance charge batch payments; ensure batches came over properly during integration by comparing Intacct and AdvoTrac.
- Compile current day online payments into one file for use when confirming the bank NACHA files.
- Provide backup support to the Office Administrator. Answers mainline telephones.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Associates’ degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field, or equivalent experience, required.
- 1-2 years accounting experience, working with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Word and Outlook.
- Working knowledge and a comfort with accounting software. Intacct experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and up to date auto insurance in case checks need to be deposited at the bank
- Proficient (or Advanced) customer relations and telephone skills
- Proficient (or advanced) key boarding skills
- Proficient, business professional email use
- Detail orientation
- Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills
- Communication and Client Service skills
- Organizational Skills
Click here to view the full job posting.
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected].