President and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Swanson has been a shareholder, Member of the Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Credit Committee of Advocate Capital, Inc., since 2000. His daily role at Advocate covers a wide range of activities including client relations, strategic planning, credit underwriting, marketing and public relations.
Since 1999, Mr. Swanson has also been President and a Member of Wellgen Standard LLC, a private equity firm.
Prior to Wellgen and Advocate, Mr. Swanson was Vice President and General Manager of Champion America, Inc. He held a variety of positions at Champion from 1989 until its sale in 1999 to Brady Corporation, Milwaukee, WI (BRC:NYSE).
Mr. Swanson is the author of How David Beats Goliath: Access to Capital for Contingent—Fee Law Firms. This book is a definitive, common-sense read that explains how contingent-fee law firm funding works, who provides it, what it costs, and how law firms can acquire and use it efficiently.
In the Spring 2011 edition, The Trial Lawyer magazine published Mr. Swanson´s article entitled “About That Loan…”. Click here to view a PDF version of that article. The Trial Lawyer magazine is a publication of The National Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Swanson is also a member in good standing of the American Society of Trial Consultants (ASTC).
Mr. Swanson attended The Ohio State University and Cleveland State University.
In addition to his responsibilities at Advocate Capital, Inc., Mr. Swanson has been a lecturer at seminars and CLE programs nationwide, focusing on financial management and operational excellence at trial law firms. To learn more about Mr. Swanson’s presentations, please click here. Below is a listing of his past and upcoming engagements:
Prior Accreditations / Presentations
- Public Justice Speaker Series, Online Webinar.
- CAL-ABOTA November CLE Meeting, Oahu, HI.
- UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law, Las Vegas, NV.
- Bisnar | Chase Mastermind Meeting, Huntington Beach, CA.
- State of Louisiana MCLE.
- Louisiana Workers’ Advocates (Chapter of WILG).
- M&L Meeting (Private).
- Personal Injury Lawyers Marketing & Management Association (PILMMA).
- Law Firm Finance 101 & Protecting Medicare and Medicaid Interests in P.I. Settlements, Online Webinar
- Learn Law Finance 101
- 9 Hidden Costs of Self-funding Your Case Expenses
- How To Grow Your Personal Injury Law Firm The RIGHT Way
To send Michael an email, click here or connect with Michael.