Authored By: Ollie Lammers
According to NPR, Alaskan elementary students were given floor sealant instead of milk.
Elementary school students attended a Relationships and Leadership, Learning for Youth (RALLY) before school and ate breakfast.
The NANA Management Services (NMS), an Alaskan-based food and facility service, provided the students with what they thought was milk and breakfast.
Students complained about the “bad tasting milk.” Students also said the liquid was burning their throats and mouth when ingested.
Staff eventually went to look at the container the liquid was initially in before being given to the students.
Staff quickly realized the “milk” given to the students was floor sealant. Around twelve students drank the floor sealant before staff called poison control.
The school has confirmed one student went to the hospital. It is unknown if any more students went to a hospital for treatment.
The school district has removed the floor sealant from the school and disposed of it off-campus.
The school and local police department are pursuing an investigation into the incident.