Authored By: Amanda Unterreiner
Being present on social media is important for your firm because sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are where people go not just for entertainment, but to get news and information. Instagram is a very popular social media site that your firm can utilize to create a presence and connect with your audience.
Here are some tips to make the most of Instagram for your firm:
- Create an Instagram for your firm, and keep it updated. If you don’t have an Instagram for your firm, make one now. If it is not up to date with all of your current information, update it. Many people will check your Instagram page not only for content, but also for your contact information.
- Stay engaged. When you post content on your feed, include questions or captions that prompt a response. If you can get your audience to engage with your posts, it will create a connection. When people like or comment on your post, engage back with them to further the connection. Some may even send you a direct message, so make sure that you are checking it often. Also, follow people in your community, and follow users in your target audience who follow you.
- Use hashtags. Include hashtags in all your feed posts. Use hashtags that your audience might be searching or interested in. You can use online generators to find relevant hashtags that are popular to your audience.
- Post often. You will connect with your audience better the more they see your content and are thinking about you. If you are able to create enough new and interesting content to post daily, that is great for your firm. If you are just starting out on Instagram and are having trouble creating enough content, post at least once a week to stay in front of your audience.
- Focus on your human side. Your audience doesn’t always want to be saddened by your posts, whether that be stock photos of someone who’s been in an accident or a headshot of a smiling lawyer next to a tragic story from a case. Include posts about your firm and your staff. You want your audience to feel connected to you, and you can do that just from posting on social media. Show them that you are real people, and show them why they should like you and trust you. Feature what makes your firm special, and highlight all of your amazing lawyers and staff.
Instagram is a great tool for your firm, and it is a great way to connect with your audience on a large scale.
Photo Credit: dotshock