Authored By: Amanda Unterreiner
We hope you’ve had a little extra time to prepare home-cooked meals lately, so once a month we’re sharing one of our teams’ family recipes and employee favorites with you.
This Strawberry Pie from Marketing Coordinator Candace Whitman is the perfect summer dessert. To continue the 4th of July celebration, you could even top it with blueberries to finish off the red, white, and blue look! You can also stash this recipe away for Labor Day.
"My mom made this recipe when she was in Home Economics class in school. She still has the recipe card in her recipe box from where she wrote it down in class when she was 15 years old. It was absolutely delicious and so pretty, too!"
From our kitchen to yours:
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- Deep dish pie crust
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 package strawberry Jell-O
- Whipped cream
- Bake pie crust 3-4 minutes at 400 degrees (or half the time listed on the package or recipe).
- Cut the strawberries into fourths, and place in the pie crust.
- Mix sugar, water, and cornstarch, and stir until it comes to a boil. The mixture will become thick.
- Add Jell-O, and stir until the powder is fully incorporated.
- Pour over strawberries, and return to oven for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cool, and serve with whipped cream.