I came across an interesting article called The 6 Human Needs: Why We Do What We Do. Author Anthony (Tony) Robbins explains the fundamental needs of the human race. He lists the six needs as:
• Certainty: assurance you can avoid pain and gain pleasure.
- Uncertainty/Variety: the need for the unknown, change, new stimuli.
- Significance: feeling unique, important, special or needed.
- Connection/Love: a strong feeling of closeness or union with someone or something.
- Growth: an expansion of capacity, capability or understanding.
- Contribution: a sense of service and focus on helping, giving to and supporting others.
Think about these six needs when interacting with coworkers, employees and clients. How can they help you enhance these relationships?
Take a minute to read the full article here.
Kelly A. O’Leary, CPA, CGMA, MBA, CITP
Vice President, Finance and Administration
Photo Credit: 123RF Stock Photo