Our team here at Advocate Capital, Inc. will enjoy our Thanksgiving feast this afternoon. As we all contemplate the approaching holiday shared with friends and family, I recently revisited some notable quotes about Thanksgiving.
Here are a few of my favorites, including some serious and some humorous:
- “I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.” —Elbert Hubbard
- “Gratitude consists of being more aware of what you have, than what you don’t.” —Unknown
- “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” —Albert Pine
- “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” —Melody Beattie
- “Got no checkbooks, got no banks. Still I’d like to express my thanks.” —Irving Berlin
- “There is no sincerer love than the love of food.” —George Bernard Shaw
- “Thanksgiving, when the Indians said, “Well, this has been fun, but we know you have a long voyage back to England”. —Jay Leno
- “Thanksgiving is an emotional time. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often.” —Johnny Carson.
From the entire team here at Advocate Capital, Inc., we extend our gratitude for all the wonderful relationships we enjoy with our clients, colleagues and partners.
Senior Vice President