Authored By: Candace Whitman
Video is a great way to market your law firm. You do not necessarily need professional video equipment to make good quality videos. You can get started with a smartphone camera and an attention to detail. Here are a few video producing tips to make your videos look professional.
- Put your camera level with your eyes or slightly higher. A camera that is situated too low can be unflattering for many people so it is best to have your camera at eye level or above.
- Experiment with your camera angle. Figure out what angle looks best by moving your camera around and zooming in and out on your subject’s face until you are completely happy with how your shot looks.
- Use plenty of light. Lighting is an extremely important aspect of any great video. Your subject should be evenly lit with no shadows casting on any part of them. The light should come from in front of them or from the sides, but not from behind. If you do not have studio lights, you may want to try putting a lamp near the area where you’re filming so that it lights up your subject’s face or film in a room with plenty of natural light. Try different ways of lighting to avoid glare, shadows, and washout.
- Test your audio. Film a test video and listen carefully to your audio quality to make sure there is minimal room echo and background noise.
- Pay attention to your clothing. Bright colors and patterns do not portray well on camera. It is best to stick to solid, neutral colored clothing items.
Photo Credit: Aleksandr Davydov