Advocate Capital, Inc.® is looking to add a new member to our team.
We are hiring a Staff Accountant to join our corporate office in Nashville, TN.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing accurate financial information that is used to run Advocate Capital’s operations. The Staff Accountant works closely with the Controller and Chief Operating Officer to ensure the integrity of accounting information, perform detailed accounting processes, create financial statements, research accounting issues for compliance, and establish quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Perform the daily and month-end accounting processes for Advocate Capital
- Ensure accurate recording of all accounts payable transactions, client loan advances and payoffs, finance charge invoices, collections, and any other financial transactions. Where necessary, identify discrepancies, resolve problems, and/or make recommendations for change to Controller
- Ensuring all Accounts Payable invoices charged to the prepaid account are included in the prepaid worksheet, are accurately recorded in the appropriate months, and resolve all problems
- Prepare and post month-end general journal entries into Prologue
- Perform analysis of the balance sheet, trial balance, and reconciliations and resolve all differences. Make recommendations to the Controller for resolving significant differences in balances month over month. Investigate and resolve all incorrect postings
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with the Controller and Chief Operating Officer.
- Prepare a daily summary of transactions report and end-of-day balancing
- Responsible for coordinating and collecting information for submission for annual audit by external auditors
- Review bank reconciliations, investigate and resolve any differences then, along with any recommendations, submit to CEO for review and signature
- Prepare daily NACHA files for payments and funding including supporting support copies
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Prepare business insurance renewals
- Prepare business license renewals
- Prepare ACI state/federal compliance filings
- Prepare ACI state license audits
- Assist with high-priority requests and special projects.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field, is required.
- CPA or CMA preferred but not required
- 5 - 10 years of accounting experience: monthly closing, reconciliations, balance sheet analysis
- 1 - 2 years of Accounts Receivable experience preferred
- Significant, hands-on experience with accounting software packages (QuickBooks or Prologue preferred)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook proficiency required
- Basic PowerPoint and Salesforce.com experience preferred
Click here to apply on LinkedIn.